Stowe is a platform whose initiative is to solely connect those who need storage space with those who have storage space. These Terms and Conditions contained herein on this webpage shall govern your use of Stowe. These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of Stowe and by using Stowe, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Stowe, if you have any objection to any of these.
Stowe is not for use by any minors (defined as those who are not at least 18 years of age). Stowe permits any eligibly-aged individual to host and rent storage space. These users are carefully verified and stored using the Stripe payment service.
Stowe has collaborated with the Stripe API to create an enhanced, secure, and efficient method of payment between a user who has space (referred here unto as ‘seller’) and a user who needs space (referred hereunto as the ‘buyer’). Stowe does not influence or determine the amount that users charge for their storage spaces and encourages flexibility of pricing. When making a payment on Stowe, please keep in mind the following:
1. Payments are processed through the Stripe API and are immediately routed to the seller upon verification of the payment. Payments are routed in two installments. The first (50% of the total amount) is sent immediately to the seller. The remaining amount will be delivered after the intended pick up date provided both the buyer and seller have confirmed the buyers receipt of the items via the Stowe website.
2. Any lost or damaged items can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In some circumstances, the second half of payment can be delayed or even declined to be sent to the seller and may even be sent back to the buyer.
3. Stowe receives a ‘handling gratuity’ of 15% of all transactions, which are taken from the second installment only.
4. Stowe is not liable for any damaged or missing items through a transaction made through this platform. These scenarios will be handled as stated above.
5. Stowe urges its storage providers to take precautions on ensuring that the belongings stored are properly sanitized and legal. Stowe is not responsible for any inappropriate items stored as it is the storage provider's responsibility to be cognizant of the items stored, which can be assisted with the in-built messaging service.